You do not need a referral for an urgent care appointment. We usually keep a few daily appointments available for those requiring emergency visits. These appointments are normally covered by Alberta Health Care. If you are unsure whether your specific issue would be covered by Alberta Health Care, please ask us before the appointment.
Our Doctors of Optometry have the proper knowledge, tools, and equipment necessary to diagnose, treat, or refer to a specialist as needed. Our Optometrists examine eyes for both vision and health problems. They will liase with Opthalmologists and other eye care specialists on your behalf.
All Ages – Medically Necessary Services
The types of eye care covered by Alberta Health Care include:
- Eye infections or injuries
- Dry eye assessment and treatment
- Foreign objects in the eyes
- Sudden changes in vision or acute pain in the eye
- Sudden appearance of floaters, spots, or flashes of light
- Monitoring for diabetes, glaucoma, macular degeneration and eye disease management
- Pre and Post-operative care for cataract patients
- Other visual disturbances may be covered… ask your optometrist!
Health Benefits and Insurance
Please ask us about direct billing to your health insurance for services not covered by Alberta Health Care. We provide direct billing to most insurers.